Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Hawaii Trip


Aloha!


This will
probably be one of my last blogs before I go on my mission, but I thought that I would share some of the pictures I took in my Hawaii trip with Kellie's Family during January.

We went to Kauai and stayed in the Marriott resort there. On our first day, Kellie and I did an 11 mile hike through the jungle and ended up on the gorgeous NaPali coast of Kauai. This coast is amazing and has been in several movies including the first Jurassic Park as well as Six Days, Seven Nights. The trail started at 4000 ft above sea level and ends up at roughly 2000 ft on a fairly sheer set of cliffs- and everything is covered in lush green! One other interesting thing is that the jungle areas have no nasty creatures of any kind. We never saw any spiders, snakes, or even mosquitos. The smallest thing I ever saw was a bird!

We spent plenty of time enjoying the Marriott resort and looking at their cool Koi fish pond and fancy, talking parrots (see pictures). On another day, we drove around to the north shore of the island which featured beautiful beaches with really big waves. There is also alot of farmland up there because Kauai is the most rural of the Hawaiian islands. One of the neatest looking farm areas was in the town of Hanalei and had cool patchwork quilt style fields of Taro (a local crop). We had alot of fun seeing all of the different sites around the island and enjoying the warm sun. Going to Hawaii was always a dream of mine, and I would HIGHLY recommend Kauai to anyone looking for a beautiful getaway......especially if someone else is kind enough to foot the bill!

I am keeping busy with work and getting my affairs in order for my mission. I will report to the MTC on March 19 and speak in church on the 9th at 9 AM. I hope everything is going well for all of you.

-Jace

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

I l♥ve Hawaii and want to go back! I am new here! What a great blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home